Tuesday 12 May 2015

Still going!!!

     “Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.”
Leo Tolstoy

          

     Today is day 8 of my program and I'm doing well and on track. I have weighed myself once and it appears I've loast about 6 pounds already. I don't want to count that as an official weigh in yet though. I want to do that at the end of this 2nd week. So stay tuned. For now, a little recap....

         Day 5 and 6-  So the the load day on day 4 went well and day 5 got back on track without much of a problem. I'm feeling more energetic and less sluggish, especially after eating. The wife and I went out Saturday, looking at garage sales. Then we decided to stop someplace for some lunch. I've discovered it's not real easy to find things that can fit to the diet. I've never been one to be that picky guy at the restaurant who needs this and that special. So I am a little uncomfortable asking for substitutions and such. I ended up with a chef salad with no cheese and a french dressing. It was real good and all was well. I will work on the ordering thing and refuse not to eat healthy because of the lack of healthy food at a restaurant. 

         Day 6 was Mother's Day and alas this brings the Mother's Day brunch. We went to a local place who's head chef is a good friend of mine and a remarkable chef. I was able to get lots of meat, eggs and veggies and drank green tea and water. It was one of the hardest temptation days so far though. The brunch was offering stuffed crapes and en egg's \benedict  that my wife says was the best one she had ever had. And their were so me amazing looking desserts available, something my friend, Chef Niall Kerr, is amazing at creating. Might as well give my friend a little plug. His establishment is called Signature 22 and is located in the Ramada Inn here in Prince Albert, Saskatchewan, Canada. If you are ever in this neck of the woods, definitely check his place and his food out. You won't be sorry.

       The rest of day 6 went off without a hitch and we moved on to Monday. Ah yes Monday, the day we all dread. Well pretty much all of us. Day 7 was a good day. I had a good breakfast of eggs and sausage and was a normal day at work. I finished the day with my wife volunteering to go shopping with me and picking up some good foods for the house. I have to give my wife kudos for being supportive during this and also trying to do some better eating herself. My wife loves me and I love her too, we try and support each other in everything we do,but she is always better then me. 

      Day 7 also brought my week 2 episode of the program. I checked out the videos and the recipes for the after workout shakes. I ended up doing my first workout last night and also drinking my first workout shake. All went well and I felt almost like I was vibrating after all was said and done. I truly am feeling better.

      So to conclude this post, I am happy and feeling much better health wise. I feel energetic and I don't feel as sluggish after meals. I feel this program is working for me and I really have a drive to stick with it. Even though there might be bumps in the road, I will overcome and continue on my journey of #changetime!

        

No comments:

Post a Comment